Peak has a definite purpose and we are driven by it. We are and will remain the top leaders in mental health care. We will provide all our services with excellence, poise, and a bright smile. We are united in the fact that reaching the 'peak', or the pinnacle as a team is essential and vital to that cause. As a team, Peak embraces each client and fellow colleague with a heart full of empathy. From celebrating personal and corporate successes to working our way around detours and road blocks, we empathize and truly care about the Peak Family. Peak Wellness Center and all four of our counties aspire to be the absolute best, which, of course, makes us the best! We believe that our clients are getting better care because they are coming to us…and we deliver that better care.
Peak has a staff of nearly 200 and a clinical team of more than 110 specialists, including one of Wyoming's finest child psychiatrists. We offer services ranging from trauma treatment to classes about parenting children with ADD/ADHD to supported housing for adults with severe mental illness. The Peak team customizes proven, evidence-based treatments and programs for the unique needs of each individual and family.
An inclusive, private, nonprofit clinic, Peak keeps high-quality services affordable for anyone in the community by accepting most insurance, Medicare, and Medicaid while also offering a sliding fee scale based on financial status.
Fully certified by the Behavioral Health Division of the Wyoming Department of Health, Peak has achieved internationally recognized CARF accreditation for excellence in the fields of mental health care and substance abuse treatment
This position is located in Wheatland, WY.
Two years of post-degree supervised experience in providing mental health services may be substituted for practicum/internship
Do you have a strong desire to provide hands-on support to clients who need a gentle touch, genuine medical care, or simply a moment that they remember Peak is on their side? Our clients want to live their life to the fullest potential and they know we have a passion to help them succeed in every moment of their life. Provide and coordinate clinical services throughout the course of an individual's treatment. Ensure treatment practices are in accordance with practice standards, are appropriate to client needs and in compliance with agency standards. Professionalism, ethical conduct and active participation with colleagues is essential and includes treatment coordination between other Peak Wellness staff and community providers. Maintenance of professional licensure and/or certification is required.
1. Receives referrals for services. Refers inappropriate referrals to appropriate community service provider(s).
3. Provides individual, marital, family, group and rehabilitative services as appropriate to client needs. Makes appropriate referrals as needed during course of treatment.
4. Develops and maintains positive working relationship with other community providers. Coordinates with other Peak Wellness Center staff and other community providers in providing joint treatment as reflected in treatment plan. Prepares needed reports of treatment as requested.
5. Maintains case records to reflect course of treatment and provide required documentation. Provides follow-up and aftercare planning services as needed. Expeditiously discharges inactive clients.
6. Provides emergency services during work hours and after hours as assigned.
7. Provides program and case consultation and education services internally, and to other community groups and individuals. Participates in agency program development activities.
8. Provides liaison service for local, regional and state hospitals to ensure continuity of care for Center clients.
9. Maintains therapeutic responsibility for the collection of fees.
10. Attends staff meetings, supervisory conferences, and other activities, which ensure the smooth functioning of clinic operations.
11. Provides mental health/substance abuse evaluations and prepares reports of findings and recommendations.
12. Maintains the Agency standard of expected minimum direct service productivity (currently 1100 hours).
13. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor, Clinic or Chief Clinical Officer.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
? Proficient with MS Office, Outlook and Internet Explorer
? Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
? Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment and attention to detail
? Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
? Proficient with standard office equipment
Medical, dental, vision and voluntary term life coverage available
15 days paid annual leave
12 days paid sick leave
13 days paid holiday
Employer paid disability and term life coverage
Immediate Voluntary 403(b) retirement
Employer contribution after 12 months
Clinical supervision provided
Staff development and training available
Job Location: Wheatland, Wyoming
The Western way of life is still alive and well in Wheatland, and water is still a prevalent resource in its economy, along with a coal-fired power plant and the many area streams and lakes for recreational use. The abundance of wildlife and fish are in part due to the nation's first and largest private irrigation system which resides here. Opportunities for hiking, hunting, fishing, photography, boating, rock climbing and sightseeing abound within a short scenic car ride. Wheatland has a history rich in agriculture, entrepreneurship and western ways that are apparent still in this bustling community. A vibrant, historic downtown, community festivals throughout the year, beautiful city parks, walking and biking trails, breath taking western night skies, active businesses throughout the town, eye-catching murals, and a welcoming attitude among the residents make Wheatland a perfect stopping point to settle down and create lasting memories.
Peak has a definite purpose and we are driven by it. We are and will remain the top leaders in mental health care. Peak is the largest provider of mental health care and substance abuse treatment in South East Wyoming. We provide all our services with excellence, poise, and a bright smile. We are united in the fact that reaching the ‘peak’, or the pinnacle as a team is essential and vital to that ...cause. As a team, Peak embraces each client and fellow colleague with a heart full of empathy. From celebrating personal and corporate successes to working our way around detours and road blocks, we empathize and truly care about the Peak Family. Peak Wellness Center and all four of our counties aspire to be the absolute best, which, of course, makes us the best! We believe that our clients are getting better care because they are coming to us…and we deliver that better care.