The successful candidates will demonstrate vision and commitment; an ability to teach core social work courses as well as special electives in social work.
• Full- time faculty teaches an equivalent of a 9-credit hour course load per semester including advising students with 3- credit hour release time for administrative tasks needed for the program.
• Demonstrate teaching competence in Social Welfare Policy, Ethnic Diversity, Spirituality and Social Work, Ethics and Practice, and other general social work courses.
• Advise students in academic program and career objectives.
• Experience in social work field education as a field instructor or liaison is preferred.
• Serve as a spiritual model through Christian lifestyle.
A MSW from a CSWE-accredited program with two years full-time post-MSW employment in social work is required for appointment as an associate/ assistant professor. Preference given to candidates with teaching experience at the university level. Must be supportive of the ethos and doctrine of the Assemblies of God.
Internal Number: Social Work 1
About University of Valley Forge
The University of Valley Forge is located in Phoenixville, PA. It was founded in 1939 and is accredited by the Middle States Commission of Higher Education. It is affiliated with the Assemblies of God but several denominations on represented in the student body.
The University of Valley Forge has more than 50 bachelor level academic programs, 9 associate degree programs and 8 masters degree level program. There are over 1,000 students with 33 full-time and 28 adjunct faculty