The Union Gospel Mission Twin Cities is a Christian ministry responding in faith to Biblical principles to serve those experiencing homelessness, poverty, or addiction in our community. We provide Christ-centered, discipleship-oriented pathways and programs that restore dignity and wholeness to men, women and children.
The Clinical and Support Services department interfaces with UGMTC programs to provide diagnostic assessments, case management, consultation and clinical services for men, women and children in UGMTC programs. The department delivers services through licensed Social Workers, a Social Work Internship program, and management of a network of community organizations to obtain services and referrals for students.
Oversees and directs the Clinical and Support Services program with limited supervision in alignment with UGMTC’s mission, values and goals. Assesses UGMTC student clinical support needs, monitors case management standards and student progress, and designs department’s clinical and support services. Manages the relationship with all UGMTC programs to ensure consistent access and positive outcomes for UGMTC students. Manages Clinical Practicum Program and community relationships.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures standards of the clinical profession, ethical standards, and best practices in the fields of psychology and social work are in place at UGMTC.
- Exercises independent judgment in planning, setting direction and decision-making regarding the operations, processes and procedures for Clinical and Support Services.
- Develops, interprets and enforces policies and procedures consistent with those of UGMTC to ensure consistent, efficient and safe operation of Clinical and Support Services across all UGMTC programs. Serves as subject matter expert on clinical services, providing consultation and recommending solutions to UGMTC leadership.
- Develops, evaluates effectiveness of treatments and approaches; is accountable for benchmarks and achievement of outcome based program objectives.
- Oversees and ensures utilization of ClientTrack (CTN) software by the Clinical and Support Services staff to enable tracking and reporting on program objectives. Leads the implementation of new functionality as needed.
- Establishes a welcoming and safe environment for UGMTC students. De-escalates and resolves issues and conflicts that occur with or between students.
- Enforces safety and occupational health policies and procedures; corrects unsafe conditions within department and reports injuries immediately.
- Determines and manages over $160,000 budget. Approves all purchasing of supplies, services and materials to meet fiscal requirements.
- Ensures the availability of clinical services for men, women and children across all UGMTC programs.
- Conducts individual and group counseling meetings; leverages best practices to promote spiritual growth and support for students.
- Monitors student clinical intake, diagnostic assessments, and student progress through review of case management notes and meetings with staff; ensures student confidentiality in accordance with HIPPA Privacy Regulations.
- Establishes and monitors standards for case management services.
- Oversees the effectiveness of the Clinical Practicum Program and Social Work Internship.
- Builds cooperative relationships with other departments within UGMTC and surrounding community organizations, colleges and universities.
- Teaches, demonstrates and reinforces UGMTC mission and values to support staff and student spiritual development.
- Directly supervises and establishes work direction and goals for all Clinical and Support Services staff.
- Leads with a Christ-centered approach to hiring, firing, managing, evaluating, training and developing staff and Interns. Recruits and selects staff aligned with UGMTC statement of faith.
- Leads prayer and devotions with staff, attends UGMTC sponsored spiritual enrichment activities.
- Maintains active professional license required for level of clinical work.
- At any time, with or without notice, performs other duties and activities as assigned.