Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. Maintains effective interdepartmental relationships to ensure optimal department operations and timely problem resolution. Assumes the duties of an in-charge therapist. Monitors CQI activities, makes daily assignments/work loads, coordinates staffing/scheduling, rents equipment as needed, and coordinates daily staff activities and code blue response activities. Instructs employees and students in the principles and practices of designated respiratory care procedures/tasks and evaluates their competence. Performs the duties of a Respiratory Therapist within the education/training and experience levels required and as assigned. May monitor and provide care to patients receiving ECMO or hyperbaric chamber treatment, depending on the assigned hospital.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associates degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent.
2. Registration (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
4. One to three years of respiratory care experience. Previous leadership experience preferred.
5. Successful completion of ECMO training program, if applicable.
1. Skills necessary to evaluate patient conditions and operate all respiratory therapy and bedside pulmonary function equipment.
2. Skills necessary to calculate and regulate respiratory therapy modalities.
3. High level of interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with patients and medical, nursing and professional staff to explain procedures and elicit cooperation.
4. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
5. Physical stamina necessary for frequent standing, walking, and lifting and positioning of patients.
6. Excellent observational skills to judge changes in patient's condition and assess emergency situations.
7. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005044919
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.