Under the direction of a registered respiratory therapist and according to established policies and procedures, acts as a professional member of the health care team by providing respiratory therapy services throughout the continuum of care. In collaboration with the registered respiratory therapist, provides therapeutic and rehabilitative procedures and diagnostic tests for uncomplicated patients with, or at risk of, abnormalities of the cardiopulmonary system. Collaborates with physicians, nurses and other members of the health care team to assist with developing optimal cardiopulmonary care plans for patients. Performs assessments for patients and evaluates the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy.
1. Graduation from an AMA/CoARC approved Respiratory Care program. Associate's degree in Science, Allied Health or equivalent, or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Certification (CRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
3. BCLS certification required.
4. Licensure to practice as a Respiratory Therapist in the State of Michigan.
1. Analytical ability to gather and interpret data, to determine proper respiratory treatment for patients, to identify discrepancies, problems or issues. Clinical judgment also required.
2. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with patients and all levels of hospital staff, explaining procedures and eliciting cooperation. Diplomacy, tact and listening skills are required.
3. Observational skills necessary to monitor changes in patient's condition and emergency situations.
4. The ability to read and comprehend procedures and technical literature in Respiratory Care is necessary.
5. Ability to operate/troubleshoot all respiratory care and bedside pulmonary function equipment required in providing care to patients.
6. Knowledge of regulatory standards associated with the field of Respiratory Care in the hospital (e.g., OSHA, MIOSHA, CAP, JCAHO, NFPA, ATS, CLIA, etc.).
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
If Other Shift, Specify: 36
Shift Begin: 7:00 PMShift End: 7:30 AM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2105010924
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.