Location Address: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm with weekend requirement of 4 shifts in a 6 week period
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs psycho-social assessments with patients and families and provides psychotherapy to patients and families coping with mental health and substance use disorders.
· Facilitates age appropriate therapeutic groups on inpatient unit in accordance with department standard/protocol.
· Facilitates individual and family therapy sessions as clinically indicated and in accordance with department standard/protocol.
· Prepares for and attends daily physician clinical rounds and forums to facilitate communication and clinical input to the interdisciplinary team in accordance with department standard/protocol
· Coordinates with the team for discharge and post-discharge arrangements and will advocate for the patient in obtaining and negotiating resources to meet patient needs, as necessary.
· Interviews patients/families to complete a thorough and timely psycho-social assessment and to evaluate current support systems available to the patient and family.
· Completes assessments and updates, per department standards, based upon information from multiple sources including the patient, family, nursing staff and physician as well as information discussed in multi-disciplinary rounds. Documented assessments and updates to confirm an understanding of the patient’s functional status and psycho-social needs.
· Effectively communicates with patients, families, staff, physicians and community partners to further the development of comprehensive support for the patient. Ensures effective communication of pertinent medical information is provided to the patient.
· Collaborates with the multi-disciplinary team regarding psycho-social determinants to address barriers that may impact or delay the patient’s discharge plan.
· Participates with the interdisciplinary team in developing and implementing a clinical treatment plan
· Appropriately prioritizes cases according to assessed needs.
· Provides patient/family education, adjustment-to-illness counseling, grief counseling and crisis intervention. Provides education to patients/families/caregivers regarding resource options and coping with diagnosis, treatment and prognosis.
· Works in collaboration with hospital and community agencies to obtain needed services and resources for patients/families/caregivers.
· Follows up with patients in post-acute environment to ensure compliance with discharge plan post hospitalization.
· Adapts quickly to changes in patient status and updates the assessment and discharge plan as the patient’s situation warrants.
· Stays abreast of changing mental health and social work clinical trends, regulatory matters and third-party payer requirements related to discharge planning and precertification of after-care benefits.
· Attends court on campus, and provides expert testimony, under oath, as needed and requested by court officials.
· Communicates legal status and corresponding processes to patient, family, and staff when needed.
· Provides consultation to, and educational programs for, healthcare team members regarding the impact of psycho-social factors on illness.
· May serve as a field instructor for master’s degree seeking social work and/or mental health counseling students.
· As required and/or depending on interests, serves on departmental and hospital committees.
· â‹Performs additional duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations
· Ability to function in a stressful and fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills that promote teamwork
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Knowledge of and ability to utilize in-house and community resources based on clinical need
· Flexibility in prioritization
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to provide solution-focused theory, cognitive behavioral theory and systems theory
· Ability to analyze complex technical data and complex interpersonal dynamics in brief time
· Effective organizational skills
· Skills in advocacy
· Significant knowledge and understanding of availability of community and post-acute resources â‹
· Proficiency in the daily use of standard office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copier etc. and skill in utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook tools. â‹
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master’s in Counseling or Master’s in Social Work â‹
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Acute care hospital experience â‹
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· State of Florida Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
· Registered Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Social Worker Intern or Marriage and Family Therapy
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.