Hi-Desert Home Health is a part of the Desert Care Network, and is based in Joshua Tree, California, on the Hi-Desert Medical Center campus. We cover a large area, serving patients from Twentynine Palms to Indio. As we are growing, we are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to join our Home Health team. In coordination with Home Health Nursing and Physical Therapy, this position evaluates individuals for occupational therapy needs in the home setting and implements occupational therapy programs to facilitate rehabilitation and improved functioning. Directs patient participation in selected tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance; facilitates the learning of those skills and functions essential for adaptation and productivity.
1. Conduct Home Health Occupational Therapy evaluations to assess for need.
2. Plan a variety of sensory motor, educational, recreational and social activities to provide occupational therapy to patients in the home setting
3. Consult with other members of the team to select the most appropriate activity program for individual patients, based on patient needs and capabilities, and evaluate and communicate progress on an ongoing basis
4. Select appropriate activities based on patientâ��s physical capacity, intelligence level and interest and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of all cultural and age groups
5. Teach patients the skill and techniques required for participation in occupational therapy.
6. Prepare discharge report summarizing patientâ��s responses to therapy.
7. Design and fit adaptive devices such as splints and braces for patient use, based on patient disability and rehabilitation needs.
8. Maintain appropriate and timely documentation.
9. Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings.
10. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control.
Minimum Education :
â�¢ Bachelorâ��s Degree Preferred Experience:
â�¢ 2 years experience in Occupational Therapy, preferably in a Home Health setting License and certification
â�¢ Current CPR certification
â�¢ Current CA Occupational Therapy Certification
â�¢ California Driverâ��s License
â�¢ Current Automobile Liability Insurance Physical Demands
â�¢ Prolonged sitting or standing
â�¢ Lifting patients
â�¢ Repositioning patients
â�¢ Transferring patients
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Occupational Therapy
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.