Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Location: Fountain Valley, California
Mental Health/Social Services
Internal Number: 2205028513-0
Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. Weâ��re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Evaluates patients effectively for therapy services within 24 hours of receiving orders.
2. Obtains orders/makes recommendations for changes in treatment plan with M.D.
3. Assesses, plans, implements treatment plan per policy guidelines and identified patient needs.
4. Completes documentation accurately per Title 22 (evaluation, wkly note, and discharge note).
5. Attends interdisciplinary meetings and rounds as necessary.
6. Delegateâ��s portions of therapy appropriately to appropriate support staff for overall department efficiency.
7. Makes a recommendation for next level of care.
8. Includes patient/family goals consistently for all patients.
9. Recognizes changes in a patientâ��s condition and communicates effectively with the team and physician to adjust the treatment plan.
10. Demonstrates a complete knowledge of body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patients. Uses safety and care in transferring, lifting, walking and gait training of patients.
11. Demonstrates ability to provide care to pediatric, adolescent, adult, geriatric age groups. Has good working knowledge of development sequence.
1. Billing in completed accurately (matches treatment notes) on a daily basis. Therapist ensures this information in entered daily before the end of the business day.
2. Productivity standard is met consistently on a daily basis.
3. No delinquent documentation.
Continuing Education/Involvement with Students:
1. Attends at least two seminars per year to improve clinical skills. May use .edu as one of the seminars.
2. Provides at least one inservice per year for Clinical information.
A. Minimum Education: Knowledge necessary to obtain Occupational Therapist License in the State of California and current California Occupational Therapist license. Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (renewed biannually).
B. Minimum Experience:
1. General Occupational Therapy: One year general acute experience preferred.
2. Outpatient Hand Therapy: Certified Hand Therapist Certification is preferred. Must demonstrate competency in use of modalities and splinting.
3. Dysphagia: Must demonstrate competency in dysphagia.
C. Preferred Skills and Abilities: Demonstrates ability to work as an interdisciplinary team member. Must be willing to cross train to multiple areas. Demonstrates good working knowledge of Title 22, JCAHO standards and county regulations. Strong communication/people skills. Possess the skills necessary to perform evaluations of patients in ages ranging from pediatric to geriatric.
The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.
Job: Occupational Therapy
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
About Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.