Licensed Clinical Social Worker / Mental Health Counselor- Comprehensive Care Clinic
Provides advanced psychosocial assessment of and brief targeted intervention for social, emotional, and environmental issues that impact client/family ability to optimally benefit from care. Implements family and individual psychotherapeutic interventions including supportive counseling and crisis intervention. Assists with develop of discharge and disposition plans. Actively collaborates with team to meet client care, outcome management and system improvement goals. Represents the Social Work department on institutional committees/task forces. Provides leadership for department committees/workgroups. Supports social work staff in meeting administrative and clinical standards and/or requirements.
This position works with the medical team to provide clinical behavioral health services in a manner that upholds the health center's mission and quality standards and results in better patient health outcomes. This role provides expert psychosocial assessment, brief targeted intervention, and individual therapy for social, emotional, and environmental issues that impact client/family ability to optimally benefit from care. The role also provides education and consultation to patients and their families. This position provides a great opportunity for a self-directed mental health clinician to make a significant contribution to the larger care team.
The Vanderbilt Comprehensive Care Clinic (VCCC), a nationally recognized HIV Center of Excellence and a certified Primary Care Medical Home, is located at Vanderbilt Health's One Hundred Oaks campus in Nashville, Tennessee. The VCCC provides care for more than 3,700 active outpatients living with HIV from Tennessee and adjacent states. The VCCC has on-site psychiatric, adherence counseling, social work, and nutrition services. Patients with HIV/AIDS receive quality, comprehensive HIV care, regardless of their ability to pay.
We are seeking qualified licensed social workers who have a heart for caring for patients in marginalized populations, who can work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy a collaborative team-based work setting.
- This position is Monday - Friday (Days). 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Provides initial assessment and develops plan of care according to The Joint Commission and CMS Best Practice Guidelines and within the scope of their license by the Tennessee Health Related Boards.
- Completes psychosocial assessments and assists team with the development of the plan of care.
- Provides education and or consultation to clients and families, treatment team and community.
- Provides targeted evidence-based interventions into clinical practice with patients. Facilitates transitions to appropriate levels of care via in person, telephone, or telehealth contact. Acts as clinical liaison with patient, family, treatment team and community.
- Participates and collaborates in system improvement goals.
- Engages in regularly scheduled supervision as required by the Tennessee Health Related Boards.
- Contributes to the organization by actively participating in process improvement initiatives and shared decision making.
- Provides leadership and supervision within scope of license to meet departmental needs. Maintains confidentiality and privilege in accordance with TN state codes and statutes Upholds ethical standards in accordance with relevant professional association's code of ethics.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
RISK MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates full command of risk management in situations of a difficult nature for a major problem. Conducts analysis, identification, planning and control of risk management procedures and practices at the functional unit level that can adversely impact the business. Conducts prevention, contingency planning and preparation of alternatives for normal problems. Displays knowledge of common risk identification methods such as objectives-based, scenario-based, taxonomy-based and common-risk checking.
PATIENT ASSESSMENT - (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of patient assessments in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
CRISIS INTERVENTION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of crisis intervention in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
CLINICAL COUNSELING (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of clinical counseling in practical applications of a difficult nature. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
PATIENT EVALUATION (INTERMEDIATE):- Demonstrates mastery of patient evaluations in practical applications of a difficult nature. Demonstrates experience in the evaluation process. Demonstrates a solid understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to the diagnosis. Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering patient evaluations without requiring support and instruction from others.
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) / Mental Health Counselor / Behavioral Health Consultant / Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)