The Case Manager coordinates the care and service of a diverse patient population across the continuum of illness, promotes effective utilization and monitoring of health care resources and assumes a leadership role with the interdisciplinary team to achieve optimal quality, clinical, financial and resource outcomes
· RN; BSN preferred
· Basic computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet utilization.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques that are central to the nursing profession
· Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and adapts easily to ever changing environment
· Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding Case Management, Discharge Planning & HIM coding standards.
· Analytic skills necessary to accurately assess patient medical records.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on a team, ability to be flexible and adjust to workload / assignment changes and interruptions.
· HealthStream (HLC) modules completed by assigned date. Attend required meetings of operational communication.
· Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Louisiana CPR required
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.